The Italian car market is extremely interesting. After all, it is from this country that the most desirable sports cars in the world come. They are beautiful, sexy, extremely luxurious and enjoyed by many car fans. However, that’s not all that Italians entail. What else is worth knowing about the car market in the country of pizza?
- What are the most famous Italian car brands?
- What are the sales statistics of electric cars in Italy?
- What are the best-selling cars in Italy?
- Car sales in Italy – how do the 2023 figures look compared to a year earlier?
What is worth knowing about the automotive market in Italy? Let’s try to analyze the data on this subject.
- 1 What are the most famous Italian car brands?
- 2 What are the sales statistics of electric cars in Italy?
- 3 What are the best-selling cars in Italy?
- 4 Car sales in Italy – how do the 2023 figures look compared to a year earlier?
What are the most famous Italian car brands?
Italy is a place full of art, being the cradle of European culture. No wonder, then, that cars are made in this country, which delight people around the world. Italy is a place full of art, being the cradle of European culture. No wonder, then, that cars are made in this country , which delight people around the world.
The most famous cars from Italy are:
- Fiat – the oldest brand. The name is an acronym for “Fabbrica Italiana di Automobili Torino”. Today, Fiat cars are known and loved all over the world. It is a very popular vehicle for getting around cities.
- Alfa Romeo – sexy, beautiful and fast – that’s what Alfa Romeo cars are. The brand provides extraordinary driving pleasure, and the appearance of the vehicles is very distinctive.
- Ferrari – is perhaps one of the most famous Italian vehicles. Ferrari means enormous power, extraordinary luxury and comfort. Predatory-looking cars have won the hearts of many lovers of hard driving.
- Lamborghini – is a brand known for its very sporty and beautiful vehicles. Lamborghini was created as a contender for Ferrari and to this day is a strong competitor to the giant.
- Maserati – is a brand of sports and racing cars. High aesthetics and care have made this company’s cars popular with many customers.
- Lancia – the company offers a wide variety of vehicles. Over the years there have even been trucks or buses from this company. Currently, its cars are sold exclusively in Italy.
- Abarth – is a lesser-known brand, which most people associate simply with a converted Fiat. For various reasons, the brand stopped producing cars in the 1980s, but returned to the market in 2007. Abarth cars are known for their sporty values.
What are the sales statistics of electric cars in Italy?
Currently, the electric car market is taking many countries by storm. The benefits of using such vehicles make them highly promoted and also eagerly chosen by consumers. Statistics, relating to sales of electric cars in Italy, are as follows: as of January 2023, the top seller of electric cars in Italy was Fiat. Its shares were as high as 16.6% that month. Compared to earlier in the year, this is an increase of 1.6 percentage points. This brand belongs to the Stellantis corporation.
It has the largest share when it comes to the electric car market in Italy. Sales of cars here amounted to as much as 30% of the total. The best-selling car model in the all-electric car segment is the Fiat 500e, which had a share of as much as 16.3%. In the B segment, the Peugeot e-208 car is the leader, and the Peugeot e-2008 among B-segment SUVs.
What are the best-selling cars in Italy?
Italy’s car sales continue to grow in 2023. From the beginning of the year to July, 960196 vehicles were sold in the country, an increase of 21%.
Here are the brands whose cars sold best:
- Fiat is in first place with 108017 units sold,
- next is Volkswagen, which sold 77471 vehicles,
- in third place is Toyota with 56277 cars sold to Italians.
The best-selling car model still remains the Fiat Panda. However, it is worth noting that its sales have dropped significantly compared to past years. The next brand with the most vehicles sold in Italy is Dacia, which sold 53,776 cars. Next is Peugeot, which sold 53673 cars. The next five companies in the top 10 that sold a large number of vehicles are: Ford, Renault, Jeep, Audi and BMW.
Car sales in Italy – how do the 2023 figures look compared to a year earlier?
Let’s look at the statistics when it comes to the number of cars sold in July 2023 and July 2022. In first place is Fiat, which sold 14341 cars. A year earlier it sold 15306 cars. Volkswagen sold 9229 cars in 2023, while in 2022 it sold 9651. In third place is Dacia, which sold 7108 cars in 2023. In contrast, in July of the previous year, the number was significantly less, at 5156 cars.
Thus, it can be seen that Italians are buying fewer vehicles this year than last year. This is also confirmed by more general statistics. The number of all cars sold in July 2023 is 138927. In contrast, 127232 units were sold a year earlier.
The automotive industry in Italy is very important. Commercial cars, small city vehicles, sleek limousines and scrumptious sports cars can all be found in this country. It’s a good idea to be aware of what the statistics are for each brand and regularly check how they change over time.